Areas of Practice: Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, Trade Secrets
Ms. Corinne Marie Pouliquen is a registered patent attorney. Her practice is based in the areas of patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, and unfair competition law, with a focus on business, intellectual property, licensing and litigation matters.
Ms. Pouliquen provides strategic business and legal advice to individuals, domestic and foreign corporate clients, and emerging start-up companies and universities in connection with the development, management, protection and worldwide commercial exploitation of their intellectual property assets, including patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets.
Her legal background over more than 20 years includes serving as in-house intellectual property counsel for a veterinary pharmaceutical company, and as patent counsel for a biotechnology company, and in private practice representing numerous U.S. and foreign clients. Her scientific background includes experience as an analytical chemist and a veterinary research assistant.
Ms. Pouliquen is a frequent lecturer on various topics in intellectual property law, including the interplay between patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets. She has also spoken on patent law, including patentable subject matter, standards for patentability and the America Invents Act (AIA).
Ms. Pouliquen is a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), the Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM), the Licensing Executives Society (LES), the American Chemical Society (ACS), the American Association of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), and the French American Chamber of Commerce (FACC). Ms. Pouliquen is a Member-at- Large of the Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA), Agricultural Law Section Council. Ms. Pouliquen is also a member of the Maryland Horse Industry Board (MHIB), the Potomac Valley Dressage Association (PVDA), Trail Riders of Today (TROT), Tuckahoe Equestrian Center (TEC), League of Maryland Horsemen (LOMH), Chesapeake Plantation Walking Horse Club (CPWHC), United States Dressage Federation (USDF) and the United States Equestrian Federation (USEF).
• Andrew F. Palmieri & Corinne Marie Pouliquen, “A Primer on Business Method Patents, What You Need to Know for Your Real Estate Practice,” Probate and Property, May/June 2007 (21 Prob. & Prop. 26)
• “Patent Trolls v. Technology Companies: The Supreme Court Levels the Battlefield,” Columbus CEO, November 2006 (Vol. 15, No. 41) Corinne Marie Pouliquen, et al.,“Protecting, Exploiting and Defending Inventions,” Chapter 2 in Structuring Patent Licensing Transactions, December 2006
• Alert: EPA Announces Carbon Nanotubes to be treated as New Chemical Under TSCA
• Alert: Nanotechnology Excluded from Insurance by Continental Western Insurance Group
• “A Primer on Business Method Patents: What You Need to Know for Your Real Estate Practice”
J.D. from the Franklin Pierce Law Center.
B.S. from the University of Maryland.
Ms. Pouliquen is fluent in French and has a working knowledge of German.
Ms. Pouliquen is admitted to practice in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia and is also a registered patent attorney with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.